The Benefits of Invisalign®
Not only are the aligners invisible, but they are also removable, so you can eat and drink what you want while in treatment. Plus, brushing and flossing are no problem at all. Invisalign® is also very comfortable to wear, with no metal to cause mouth abrasions during treatment. Another plus is that no metal and wires will usually mean you spend less time in your doctor’s office getting adjustments. Invisalign® also allows you to view your own virtual treatment plan when you start so you can see how your straight teeth will look when your treatment is complete.
How Invisalign® Works
You wear each set of aligners for about 2 weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss. As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move — little by little, week by week — until they have straightened to their final position. You’ll visit us about once every 6 weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned. Total treatment time averages 9-15 months and the average number of aligners worn during treatment is between 18 and 30, but both will vary from case to case.
Invisalign® Treatment FAQs
- How easy is it to care for Invisalign® aligners?
- The aligners are easily removable, so you can continue to brush and floss your teeth as you normally would. Cleaning your aligners is just as easy with the Invisalign® cleaning kit., or you can simply brush and rinse them in lukewarm water. That’s it! Achieving that great smile couldn’t be easier!
- Will I have to change my diet?
- You’ll have to remove the aligners each time you eat, but this means you can continue to eat all the foods you love without any restrictions. This is a convenient advantage over traditional metal braces, since you won’t need to worry about food getting stuck in your wires and brackets. Other teeth-straightening methods can make eating troublesome, but Invisalign® makes it painless and simple.
- Can I still be active with Invisalign®?
- For those who are active in contact sports, Invisalign® allows you to continue wearing your aligners without having to worry about any sharp brackets cutting your mouth. If your sport requires wearing a protective mouthguard, simply remove your aligners and you’re good to go!
- Will Invisalign® affect my sleeping habits?
- Your bedtime routine can continue as before, with the simple addition of cleaning your aligners. You won’t be struggling with trying to floss and brush in between brackets and wires, which can be time-consuming.
Invisalign® Advantage Over Traditional Braces
- Effectively treats a wide variety of cases, including crowding, spacing, crossbite, overbite, and underbite
- The average cost is about $5500 with $500 off ($208 / month for two years no interest with approved credit)
- Invisalign® allows you to eat whatever foods you enjoy
- Invisalign® can be removed whenever you want
- Enjoy virtually invisible teeth-straightening with Invisalign®
- Allows you to brush and floss your teeth normally for better periodontal health
- Consists of smooth, comfortable plastic instead of sharp metal that is more likely to irritate your cheeks and gums
- Frees up your busy schedule, with office visits only every four to six weeks
For more information on Invisalign® and how you can get your own personalized virtual treatment plan, contact us today!
What is Invisalign®?
Get the beautiful straight teeth you’ve always wanted, without braces…
Invisalign® uses a series of invisible, removable, and comfortable aligners that no one can tell you’re wearing. You can smile more during treatment as well as after. 3-D computer imaging technology is used to create the aligners and has been proven effective in straightening teeth.